Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Amado Siberian Husky Rescue Dream ......

 I am looking to acquire some land and open a rescue center for Huskies. I have always admired the breed and since owning a couple of Huskies, I have learned so much. I have been actively dog sledding for 2 seasons now and have enjoyed working with these amazing creatures! The original plan was to breed our own 2 Siberian Huskies and build our dog sled teams that way but I now see that there are so many Huskies that already need a new place to call home. Huskies are very beautiful dogs but they are also a working breed. They need exercise,  leadership, companionship, stimulation and consistency. Since seeing ad upon ad of people giving away or selling their Husky, usually for very cheap, I have seen that I could offer these dogs a life doing what they were born to do, run! I would like to provide a place for these unwanted Huskies to go. A place that understands them, knows what they need and give it to them. I am aware that not every single Husky wants to pull a sled, it would be a matter of trying them out on the sled and seeing if they do take to it. If they do, they would be kept on as a permanent resident as part of my dog sled teams. If the Husky is not interested in pulling a sled, they would be put up for adoption. If any of these dogs need any basic training, I would ensure that that was done before adopting them out. An application form would have to be filled out and knowledge of the breed would be a must. I feel that too many people are not fully educated about the breed and this leads to unhappy and unruly Huskies looking for new homes. I have also planned to open a Bed & Breakfast on the property. This would benefit us all. People would be able to come out and stay on the property and learn about Huskies and or dog sledding. People could come and spend a day or two and pick out a Husky to adopt. I have seen many different personalities in the Husky breed and feel that it is important to pair the right dog with the right family. This B & B would help cover the costs of the vet, care, food and up keep of our kennel. The money made from dog sled tours would also help cover these expenses.

I believe that I can offer a great service to both the Husky breed and to people who are looking to adopt a Husky. I have a deep love and passion for Huskies and would truly love to see this dream of mine become a reality!


I would love to hear from you and what you think of my plans. Feed-back would be great!
   May you always walk in Peace, Blessings Love & Light!

Christy Rogers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christy!
    I was wondering if you are going to be breeding any more puppies in 2012?
    If you are do you mind getting in contact with me @ j-blanchette@live.com
    thanks so much!
    -Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jillian,
    We won't be doing any more breeding. 3 litters is enough for one girl and as I stated in this last post, we're redirecting our efforts to helping Huskies that need a new home that understands them.

    ReplyDelete