Saturday, January 28, 2012

2012 is here!

It has been a busy few months since I posted an update!
First, I am so excited to announce that Nira has found herself a wonderful home and is doing fabulous! Besides the retraining she required, we took her in and she was spayed on November 22. She healed up great and was totally ready once her new family contacted me! She joined them just before Christmas and has fit in perfectly. She has even has a cat as a best friend now!! I just love happy endings or should I say beginnings! :)

In November we also took in another sweet girl named JJ who was in pretty rough shape. Needless to say, she was very happy and excited about the new chance at a better life. She has blossomed both physically and socially in leaps and bounds! JJ also got spayed on November 22. She will NEVER be used to produce a litter of puppies and then discarded because that was all she was wanted for. She is such a great girl that just wants to be with whoever she has bonded with. She is now ready to find her future forever home and bless them the way she has blessed us! I am confident that won't take much time at all to find her that perfect home.

I have also put more time into developing our little rescue, beyond the actual rescuing aspect. I am getting to know other passion driven,like minded people who are working so hard to help as many dogs as they can. I'm learning a lot and am very grateful and excited for what the future holds. Not only for myself and my family but also for all of those dogs that will be given that much needed chance at a new life. I will be applying for a 501(3) rescue status very soon and will be getting the ASH Rescue established as a certified rescue. As most things, this will take time but I will still be rescuing and helping those I can until then.

We have been checking out a few properties and am confident that by mid-summer we will have what we're looking for. Then it will be time to break ground and really get this rescue going! It is incredible to hear the support that people, friends and strangers alike, have shown to us because of our decision to open the ASH Rescue. We truly are blessed and only hope that we can in turn bless both the Huskies we help and the families that we find for those Huskies!
I hope you have enjoyed this latest update, I need to go now, so much to do!!

Peace, Blessings, Laughter, Love & Light to all!
Sincerely,
Christy  

No comments:

Post a Comment